Come one come all to the CHOP IN BLOCK / IRON TRADER NEWS Drive In Movie Night sponsored by Twisted Tea at the Booth Hill Saloon Outpost in Ormond Beach for Bikeweek 2014. Just like an old school drive in movie, only its BIKER STYLE! See the film, “THAT’S ALL YOU GET”, a Ron Finch Movie. Thursday March 13th at Dusk.
Events & Rallies
- AMD World Championship of Custom Bike Building The Official World Championship of Custom Bike Building
- Americade The World’s Largest Touring Rally
- Arizona Bike Week Annual Rally In The Desert
- Big Mountain Run Annual Rally In Tennessee
- Biketoberfest An International Award-Winning Motorcycle Festival
- Corbin’s Annual Rider Appreciation Day Celebrate The 4th Of July With Us
- David Mann’s Chopper Fest ChopperFest Is A Tribute and Celebration To The Artist David Mann.
- Daytona Beach Bike Week Official Bikeweek Headquarters
- Donnie Smith Bike Show Donnie Smith Bike Show & Parts Extravaganza
- Laconia Motorcycle Week The Original Riding Rally
- Las Vegas Bikefest Ride, Rock and Roll In Las Vegas
- Laughlin River Run The Largest Motorcycle Event On The West Coast
- Leesburg Bikefest Three Day Motorcycle Rally and Music Event
- Lone Star Rally Held Annually In Galveston, TX
- Milwaukee Motor Classic Rally The Midwest’s Largest Free Motorcycle Rally
- Mountainfest Motorcycle Rally Sharing The Magic Of West Virginia With Bikers Everywhere
- Myrtle Beach Bike Week The Carolina’s Largest Fall Motorcycle Event
- North American International Supershow Motorcycle Supershow
- Outer Banks Bike Week Nine Days Of Non-Stop Entertainment & Riding
- Panama City Beach Motorcycle Rally Ride The “Legendary” Emerald Coast
- Progressive International Motorcycle Shows We’re on Our Way! Got Your Tickets Yet?
- Ride To Work Day Annual Ride To Work Day
- Sturgis Motorcycle Rally The Annual Legendary Motorcycle Rally
- Thunder Beach Motorcycle Rally The Most Biker Friendly Free Motorcycle Rally In The U.S.A.
SHO DOG winners include Roy Chamberlin of C&C Cycle and Mike Davis of Speed Worx. Roy won a Garage Leathers solo bag and Mike won a Rocking K Leathers chain wallet. Two Wheel Mafia Custom Cycles took home the People’s Choice Award and received a custom Bell Helmet pinstriped by Skratch.
John Dodson of Gangster Choppers rolled four choppers into the Washington Convention Center with three of them going to the front of the hall and placed into the showcase area of the show. His fourth chopper, Low Down, entered into the competition. It’s his personal chopper that was completed at 2AM the morning of the show. It’s a stock 1981 Lowrider and features a 93ci Shovel, 10:1 compression, EVO oiling and .600” lift cam. The oil bag, fuel filter and pegs are all hand fabricated.
1. John Dodson, Gangsta Choppers – Low Down, 1981 Lowrider.
2. Joey Chanel, Race Response – Blood, Sweat and Gears, ’79 CM400T
3. Ross Latimer, Rats Customs – Maverick, ’01 Sportster
MOD Harley Class
Adam Karns is our 2013 Ultimate Builder MOD Harley National Champion. Adam starts off 2014 with a win in DC with his Hooligan bobber. It is a custom 1974 HOG that features a 1000cc Sportster mil, mobile video and nav, split rocker boxes, molded chassis, hard tail, hydraulic clutch and hidden wires.
1. Adam Karns, Karns Kustoms – Hooligan, ’74 Sportster
2. Robert Kelley – Black Betty , ’90 Sportster
3. Daniel Rodriguez, KarTunes Inc – ’09 Roadglide
Retro MOD Class
What can you say about the young gun Devon Eckert of Whiskey Tango Choppers? He came on the scene last year and won the DC Ultimate Builder and then got a feature in The Horse Backstreet Chopper Magazine. This year he rolled into DC with Bad Reputation, a 1981 Yamaha XS650, and came away with the same results, another 1st place finish. The Yamaha features air ride, custom seat, Pamco ignition, goose neck frame and hard tail.
1. Devon Eckert, Whiskey Tango Choppers – Bad Reptation, ’81 XS650
2. Two Wheel Mafia Custom Cycles – Hott Chocolate, ’80 XS650
3. Bill Abraovich – Sukstein, ’79 Suzuki GS750
MOD Street Class
Steve Campbell of Street Working Class Choppers rolled in Tamaqua and rolled out the winner of the MOD Street class. The bike Jizzeppi started out life as a Suzuki GS450 and was converted into a Café Racer with hammered copper.
1. Steve Campbell, Working Class Choppers – Jizzeppi, Suzuki GS450
2. Rick Pazmino, Honda of Grofton – ’10 Honda Fury
3. Bernie Torreyson – Cool Bu, ’11 Victory Cross Country
Performance Custom Class
Joe Brinkley of Precision Motorcycle brought in a low 2008 Kawasaki ZX14 that features front and back air ride from air fx, molded in iPod with speakers, cut front fender and a custom white alligator seat. The bike’s stance is enhanced with a chrome 16 over stretched c and s swing arm.
1. Joe Brinkley, Precision Motorcycle – ’08 ZX14
2. Garwood Custom Cycles – Apocalypse, 2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
3. Shane Hull, Custom Rocketz – Vintage, ’94 Suzuki 1100