30th BIKER FEST INTERNATIONAL METZELER
It was an unmatched show May 19-22 in Lignano Sabbiadoro, known as the Italian Bike Week. You could already hear the engines rumble since the start of the week, but the full amount of bikes started coming into the Biker Fest from Thursday morning, growing in number until Saturday, when the sun was shining and temperature rising.
The Luna Park parking (Main Area, with vendors, shows and concerts) was totally full and by Sunday morning it was fulfilled with beautiful american cars. This year occurred the 21st U.S. Car Reunion edition joined by something like 200 vehicles.
During the 4 days of party took place more than 10 live music shows and a great number of stunt acts, mainly with the Daboot Team and its leader Vanni Oddera, one of the few Italian FMX Riders able to perform a backflip. Daboot Team also hosted the “Mototerapy” event, entertaining 30 disabled youngs. Swot Gang stuntmen was also performing their funambolic stunts with sportbikes.
Other shows involved Enduro racing, minibikes, off-road, RC cars and the 3rd Scrambler Challenge.
In the Great Travelers area three brand new books have been presented for the first time, wrote by Gionata Nencini, Marcello Anglana and Giorgio Barbacovi, telling their adventures around the world. Saturday at 8 p.m. Started the “Saturday Light Fever” parade, with hundreds of bikes riding through the cities of Lignano Sabbiadoro and Lignano Pineta. That was a great show!
One of the main events during the Biker Fest is, as usual, the Bike Show, which took place inside the wonderful Terrazza Mare (Pier) upon the sea. Final stage of the Italian Motorcycle Championship and only italian stage for AMD World Championship, this year the Bike Show went crazy with tons of wonderful Special bikes. Biggest prizes were 1 flight to Daytona (FL-U.S.A.), 3 coupons (1000 € each) for the AMD Final Stage and a lot of other stuff from the main sponsors.
Inside the Terrazza Mare took also place the 14th Custom Painting Show, with airbrush artists working on skate decks. In the Terrazza a Mare area was also shown the RMC, a prototype motorcycle by Roberto Crepaldi (from Milan) with whom is gonna try breaking the Land Speed Record on Bonneville Salt Flats in 2017.
The third main area was the Demo Ride one, with Harley-Davidson, Honda, Ducati Scrambler, Yamaha, Moto Guzzi, Aprilia, Piaggio, Kustom Bike and BMW with its awesome R nineT specials. Everyone could try the latest models and ride through Lignano for a free test. But this year, more than ever, the party was all around the city, with bikes everywhere, people on the beach, hotels full of guests and a lot of fun for everybody. We are already working for the 31th edition! Stay with us! SEE MORE IMAGES BELOW.
Bike Show Winners:
AMD World Championship
– H-D JD 8 Valvle di PDF Motociclette (BG) 1000 euro coupon for AMD final stage
– Ducati Monster 620 di Gianni Pellegrino (VC) 1000 euro coupon for AMD final stage
– H-D FXR Avalon di MC Cycles (TV) 1000 euro coupon for AMD final stage
1) Ultima 127 di Jurgen Ostermann (Austria) wins CCE prize
2) Black Brass di Sapka Muvek (Ungheria) wins Rebuffini prize
3) 199 R.R.S. di Asso special Bike (CO) wins WD-40 and Ma-Fra prizes
1) BMW di Inlorious Basterds Cycles e Tondo Garage (FE) wins stand at Moto Days Roma 2017
2) BMW R1100 GS Ultramoto di Toro Moto (PT) wins bag and prizes WD-40
3) Honda 250 di Stray’s Garage (MO) wins WD-40 and Ma-Fra prizes
1) Ducati 800 Italia di Moto Sport Factory Lab (TV) wins Ace Café London prizes
2) Moto Guzzi SP 1000 di Lari Motori (VI) wins bag and prizes WD-40
3) Honda CB 750 di Mastercycles (TV) wins WD-40 and Ma-Fra prizes
1) H-D Scooter di Emporium Motorcycles Garage (BG) wins Custom Chrome Europe prize
2) H-D Knuclehead di Boccin Custom Cycles (VE) wins Higway Hawk seat
3) H-D Heritage Softail di Gallery Motorcycles (BS) wins WD-40 and Ma-Fra prizes
1) H-D di Moto Design Custom (NA) wins two rigid bags from Higway Hawk
2) H-D Road King di Biker Sheriff (TV) wins Bertoni goggles
1) Kawasaki di BikeGarage (CH) wins slip-on exhausts from Higway Hawk
2) Honda Shadow di Viky Bikers (CO) wins Bertoni goggles
3) Suzuki GS 550L di LBDG (PN) wins WD-40 and Ma-Fra prizes
1) H-D Dyna di Asso Special Bike (CO) wins Custom Chrome Europe prize
2) H-D di Motorcycles Clinic (UD) wins GIVI bag
3) H-D V-Rod di ED Special (RM) wins WD-40 and Ma-Fra prizes
1) Buell di Off. Fratelli Borgo (TV) wins ACERBIS boots
2) Buell si Sapka Muvek (Ungheria) wins Bertoni goggles
3) H-D V-Rod di Biker Sheriff (TV) wins WD-40 and Ma-Fra prizes
Best in Show I.M.C. and Metzeler Contest Winner – Biker Fest International
Brike di Boss69 (BR) wins Flight to Daytona Bike Week 2017 and 2 Sets of Metzeler tires
Best New Customizer
Vintage H-D Motociclette (UD) wins a stand at Motor Bike Expo 2017