Just a reminder to let you know that the Harley-Davidson York Vehicle Operations annual Open House is coming up on Sept. 18, 19 and 20, 2014 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Even if you don’t ride a motorcycle visiting the factory (located at 1425 Eden Rd.) is a great time and during Open House it features many free activities, including:
* Self-guided tours from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. of the factory where Harley-Davidson Softail, Touring, CVO and Trike motorcycles are assembled
* Demo rides (valid motorcycle license required) from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. featuring the new 2015 Harley-Davidson motorcycles
* Musical entertainment by a DJ on Thursday and live bands Friday and Saturday. Friday’s bands are The Blues Vultures and Rock Candy. Saturday’s lineup includes Half Serious and Bullet Method.
* Display of the first motorcycle made at the York factory
* The Wall of Death motorcycle stunt show by the Ives Brothers
* The Harley Owners’ Group (HOG) Pin Stop
* A 5-dealer shopping area, featuring merchandise from Appalachian Harley- Davidson, Lancaster Harley-Davidson, Laugerman’s Harley-Davidson, Susquehanna Harley-Davidson, and White’s Harley-Davidson.
* Food and specialty vendors.
On Friday night, Sept. 19, Harley-Davidson will again be the presenting sponsor of Bike Night in Downtown York. A motorcycle parade will kick-off events from the York Expo Center at 6 p.m. and continue on Market Street. For more information, please visit www.yorkcity.org/bikenight.
For more information about York Open House, check out the event at www.facebook.com/harley-davidson.
Source and image: Harley-Davidson
Image and post: Sam Kanish