Busy Schedule For Black Hills Classic!
July 23, 2015, Three Rivers, MA — More than 1 million motorcyclists are expected to converge on the Black Hills of South Dakota to celebrate the Sturgis Rally’s 75th Anniversary… Sounds like our kind of party! It is also the perfect place for Mustang Seats LLC to commemorate 35 high-flying years of its own. From the rally rig at Black Hills Harley-Davidson® to the Mustang pavilion at the J&P Cycles store on Lazelle in downtown Sturgis, Mustang will be all through the Black Hills during this year’s rally.
“From our two billboards out on I-90 to the heart of downtown Sturgis, bikers will see Mustang well represented,” says Sales Manager Jesse Sargent. “We wanted to celebrate our birthday in style, so we are supporting a wide array of events this year.” Mustang is involved with everything from access to “The Naked Truth” — famed photographer Michael Lichter’s annual Motorcycles As Art Exhibit — to concert tickets at the Legendary Buffalo.
“We are honored to be sponsoring a number of worthy causes in conjunction with the Sturgis Rally… although it is our birthday, we wanted to give some presents to others.” This includes the gift of comfort for Fxck Cancer Bike Build, donation of a couple of seats for the infamous Hamsters silent auction to benefit Children’s Care Hospital & School Foundation in Sioux Falls, South Dakota and more, according to Sargent.
The seat company is also sitting pretty as a returning sponsor of the Garage Girls Ultimate Biker Makeover. But they are also staying close to their roots by supporting our New England neighbors Dave and Jody Perewitz’s Custom Paint Show, a new addition to the schedule for this year. “We are also backing local Massachusetts daredevil Doug Danger as he attempts a 22-car jump as part of the Evel Knievel Thrill Show out at the Buffalo Chip,” Sargent says. Making the jump a bit more historic is the fact that Doug is using Evel’s own 1972 XR-750! See more details on his record setting attempt here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrK-1Fr8rxs
“Like Doug Danger, we are flying high in Sturgis this year,” Jesse says.
Mustang Seats Sturgis Schedule:
- July 25-August 8: Rally Rig at Black Hills Harley-Davidson 2820 Harley Drive, Rapid City (Exit 55)
- July 25-29: Mustang Factory reps at J&P Cycles Store 1650 Lazelle Street, Sturgis
- July 31: Mustang’s 5-For-35 #4 Seat Giveaway winner announced at the Rally Rig, Black Hills Harley-Davidson
- Aug. 1: Roland Sands Design “Built For The Ride Bike Show” at Sturgis City Park. RSD Motoshed announcement at noon. Show goes from 1-4 p.m.
- Aug. 2: Mustang awarding two pairs of tickets to see Brantley Gilbert, 38 Special and The Guess Who at the Legendary Buffalo Chip. Any seat purchased at the rally rig at Black Hills HD from Thursday (7/30) through Saturday (8/1) is automatically eligible to win. Winner will be notified on Sunday morning, August 2.
- Aug. 2: Mustang sponsors “The Naked Truth” Motorcycles As Art program curated by famed photographer Michael Lichter.
- Aug. 2: FXR Show 12-3pm Sturgis City Park, Fxck Cancer FXR Bike Build and raffle. Mustang donated seat to the build.
- Aug. 3: Hamster Ball Silent auction to benefit Children’s Care Hospital & School Foundation in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. Mustang donated a seat.
- Aug 3: Garage Girls “Ultimate Biker Makeover” Winner will be announced at the Buffalo Chip.
- Aug. 5th: Perewitz Custom Paint Show 11am – 4pm at Easy Rider Saloon
- Aug. 6th: Doug Danger’s 22 Car Jump – Look for the Mustang logos on the landing ramp