Photo Credit: Brian J. Nelson/AMA Pro Racing Continue reading American Flat Track Announces 2018 Schedule
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (Nov. 11, 2016) – AMA Pro Racing is proud to announce an expanded 18-round schedule for the debut season of the newly rebranded American Flat Track series (formerly AMA Pro Flat Track). The 2017 calendar includes improvements to geographic diversity, the mix of track configurations (six Miles, seven Half-Miles, two Short Tracks and three TTs) and boasts the most rounds on a schedule since 2011.
American Flat Track has been re-envisioned for 2017. In addition to a rebranding of the series, the class structure and event format have also been modernized. Every event on the 2017 schedule will feature the world’s best flat track motorcycle racers competing on powerful, twin-cylinder motorcycles in the AFT Twins class, while the rising stars of the sport battle it out on spirited single-cylinder machines in AFT Singles.
AMA Pro Racing’s subsidiary promotions company AFT Events, which was formed in 2016 to develop the event experience and bring the sport to new markets, has expanded from a single round in 2016 to eight next season. That expansion has allowed for careful consideration in the planning of the calendar, which features an efficient, streamlined flow of events aimed at minimizing costs for participants.
The 2017 season will kick off on March 16 during Bike Week in Daytona Beach, Fla. on a new TT circuit under the bright lights inside Daytona International Speedway. The debut event is moving inside the “World Center of Racing” on a one-of-a-kind .6-mile TT track designed by seven-time Grand National Champion Chris Carr. The DAYTONA TT will mark the dawning of a new era for America’s most historic form of motorcycle racing, and will serve as the first battleground for the great American war between Harley-Davidson and Indian Motorcycles in 2017.
|2017 American Flat Track Schedule
March 16: DAYTONA TT – Daytona International Speedway, Daytona Beach, Fla.
* AFT Singles will race a TT on May 27
How to Watch:
FansChoice.tv is the official home for live streaming coverage of American Flat Track events. The site also provides coverage of IMSA’s development and single-make series, and NASCAR’s touring and weekly series. Catch all the action at http://www.FansChoice.tv.
About American Flat Track:
American Flat Track is the world’s premier dirt track motorcycle racing series and one of the longest-running championships in the history of motorsports. Sanctioned by AMA Pro Racing in Daytona Beach, Fla., the series is highly regarded as the most competitive form of dirt track motorcycle racing on the globe. For more information on American Flat Track, please visit www.amaproracing.com/
About AMA Pro Racing:
Beginning in November 2016 through February 2017, the tour is supported by 15 of the leading two, three and four wheel vehicle manufacturers, the world class Ultimate Builder Customer Bike Show, Vintage Bike Clubs, and other main show attractions. The seven shows coincide with the launch of the 2017 model year, giving hundreds of thousands of consumers a first look at the new vehicles and the opportunity to evaluate and purchase premier aftermarket parts, accessories and gear.
The 2016-2017 Progressive® International Motorcycle Shows® tour schedule is as follows:
- Long Beach, CA: November 18-20, 2016, Long Beach Convention Center
- New York, NY: December 9-11, 2016, Jacob Javits Convention Center
- Washington D.C.: January 6-8, 2017, Washington Convention Center
- Dallas, TX: January 13-15, 2017, Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center
- Cleveland, OH: January 27-29, 2017, I-X Center
- Minneapolis, MN: February 3-5, 2017, Minneapolis Convention Center
- Chicago, IL: February 10-12, 2017, Donald E. Stephens Convention Center
Busy Schedule For Black Hills Classic!
July 23, 2015, Three Rivers, MA — More than 1 million motorcyclists are expected to converge on the Black Hills of South Dakota to celebrate the Sturgis Rally’s 75th Anniversary… Sounds like our kind of party! It is also the perfect place for Mustang Seats LLC to commemorate 35 high-flying years of its own. From the rally rig at Black Hills Harley-Davidson® to the Mustang pavilion at the J&P Cycles store on Lazelle in downtown Sturgis, Mustang will be all through the Black Hills during this year’s rally.
“From our two billboards out on I-90 to the heart of downtown Sturgis, bikers will see Mustang well represented,” says Sales Manager Jesse Sargent. “We wanted to celebrate our birthday in style, so we are supporting a wide array of events this year.” Mustang is involved with everything from access to “The Naked Truth” — famed photographer Michael Lichter’s annual Motorcycles As Art Exhibit — to concert tickets at the Legendary Buffalo.
“We are honored to be sponsoring a number of worthy causes in conjunction with the Sturgis Rally… although it is our birthday, we wanted to give some presents to others.” This includes the gift of comfort for Fxck Cancer Bike Build, donation of a couple of seats for the infamous Hamsters silent auction to benefit Children’s Care Hospital & School Foundation in Sioux Falls, South Dakota and more, according to Sargent.
The seat company is also sitting pretty as a returning sponsor of the Garage Girls Ultimate Biker Makeover. But they are also staying close to their roots by supporting our New England neighbors Dave and Jody Perewitz’s Custom Paint Show, a new addition to the schedule for this year. “We are also backing local Massachusetts daredevil Doug Danger as he attempts a 22-car jump as part of the Evel Knievel Thrill Show out at the Buffalo Chip,” Sargent says. Making the jump a bit more historic is the fact that Doug is using Evel’s own 1972 XR-750! See more details on his record setting attempt here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrK-1Fr8rxs
“Like Doug Danger, we are flying high in Sturgis this year,” Jesse says.
Mustang Seats Sturgis Schedule:
- July 25-August 8: Rally Rig at Black Hills Harley-Davidson 2820 Harley Drive, Rapid City (Exit 55)
- July 25-29: Mustang Factory reps at J&P Cycles Store 1650 Lazelle Street, Sturgis
- July 31: Mustang’s 5-For-35 #4 Seat Giveaway winner announced at the Rally Rig, Black Hills Harley-Davidson
- Aug. 1: Roland Sands Design “Built For The Ride Bike Show” at Sturgis City Park. RSD Motoshed announcement at noon. Show goes from 1-4 p.m.
- Aug. 2: Mustang awarding two pairs of tickets to see Brantley Gilbert, 38 Special and The Guess Who at the Legendary Buffalo Chip. Any seat purchased at the rally rig at Black Hills HD from Thursday (7/30) through Saturday (8/1) is automatically eligible to win. Winner will be notified on Sunday morning, August 2.
- Aug. 2: Mustang sponsors “The Naked Truth” Motorcycles As Art program curated by famed photographer Michael Lichter.
- Aug. 2: FXR Show 12-3pm Sturgis City Park, Fxck Cancer FXR Bike Build and raffle. Mustang donated seat to the build.
- Aug. 3: Hamster Ball Silent auction to benefit Children’s Care Hospital & School Foundation in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. Mustang donated a seat.
- Aug 3: Garage Girls “Ultimate Biker Makeover” Winner will be announced at the Buffalo Chip.
- Aug. 5th: Perewitz Custom Paint Show 11am – 4pm at Easy Rider Saloon
- Aug. 6th: Doug Danger’s 22 Car Jump – Look for the Mustang logos on the landing ramp