BAD SALZUFLEN, Germany (November 30, 2018) – During the CUSTOMBIKE SHOW that opened its doors today in Bad Salzuflen, Germany, METZELER unveiled the new CRUISETEC™, the Custom Touring tire designed to optimize the performance of modern and past V-Twinsand intended for motorcyclists who want to get the most out of their motorcycles in terms of handling and grip.
With the new CRUISETEC™, METZELER extends its successful V-Twin range towards performance-oriented use. This tire upgrades the handling of current and older motorcycles, featuring remarkable grip even in wet conditions, ground breaking performance and innovative stability features. CRUISETEC™features revolutionary characteristics for tread pattern, compound recipe and carcass specifications in the production of tires for V-Twin motorcycles.
CRUISETEC in action
METZELER has developed CRUISETEC™ to meet the needs of motorcyclists who increasingly look for emotional, carefree riding and live their riding passion on V-Twin machines with custom performance in mind. CRUISETEC™ has been designed to pair with the latest generation of Cruisers and Tourers, machines that manufacturers are equipping with high-rated performance parts and the latest electronic rider aids. With the METZELER CRUISETEC™ tire, these motorcycles can meet their full potential for agility, increased lean angles, improved stability, comfort, shorter stopping distance and faster cornering. Thanks to a cutting-edge combination of technological features – including industry-leading innovations – experienced V-Twin riders and newer riders alike can enjoy a perfected riding performance, confidently confirming Metzeler’s product tagline “Performance Perfected.”
CRUISETEC on Thunderbike Harley-Davidson Sporster Iron 883 & FXDR
The main benefits of the new CRUISETEC™ include:
• Enjoy performance cruising, which meansgreat handling, line taking and line holding. Immediate response at all stages also in wet conditions and enhanced cornering grip and safety.
• Performance consistency, which means handling is preserved throughout the entire tire lifespan thanks to the combination of a solid tread pattern with its constant-curvature contours and dual-compound layout that preserves the tire profile thanks to even wear.
• Smooth and effortless riding thanks to maximized line holding when entering and maintaining lean angles and comfort.
• Enhanced confidence and safety, also in the wet,which derives from the effective interaction of the tire with electronic rider aids.
METZELER CRUISETEC™ is designed to respond to the needs of V-Twin performance riding, and complements the METZELER portfolio for V-Twins, which now consists of:
- CRUISETEC™, perfecting the performance of yesterday’s and today’s V-Twins.
- ME 888 Marathon™ ULTRA featuring an incredibly wide range which includes whitewalls, orange-wall and extra-wide sizes.
- ME77 Perfect, a vintage tread pattern developed to upgrade the ride of old-school customizations.
The new CRUISETEC™tire will be available starting January 2019 in the following sizes: