The start of the J&P Ultimate Builder Custom Bike Show in Seattle was the beginning of the end of the 2013-2014 series. The 12 city whistle-stop tour completed at the Emerald City with a fine round of custom bikes representing uniqueness of the builders. Mother Nature was up to her old tricks with 50 mph winds and sheets of rain but that didn’t deter the enthusiasts from making it to “the” Powersports event of the year.
Urban Custom Cycles won the People’s Choice Award by a squeaker with just one vote. They received a Bell Custom 500 helmet pinstriped by Skratch for their hard work. The also won the Bikernet Bagger Editor’s Choice Award. The Rocking K Custom Leather’s chain wallet SHO DOG Award was won by Jacob of Urban Custom Cycles and Dana Meeks. The Garage Leathers’ Solo Bag SHO DOG Award was won by Mack Coldiron of Old School Products.
Program sponsors include Progressive Insurance and Harley-Davidson. Contributing Sponsors include Bell Helmets, Metal Rescue, Rocking K Custom Leathers and Garage Leathers Solo Bags.
The Ultimate Builder Class: FreeStyle
Matt Adams of Red Soul built the 2009 Custom Chopper for Cory Ford. It features Foose Wheels, sprocket chain tensioner, Red Soul foot controls, handle bars, exhaust pipe and motor mount, seat , primary cover, oil tank and battery box. Tim Conder provides pain.
1. Cory Ford, Red Soul – Crowned Jewel, ’09 Custom Chopper
2. Eric Maurer, Todd’s Cycle – Bull ’08 Café Harley Racer
3. Brian Marsh, Eastside Harley-Davidson – Brat, 2013 H-D
The Ultimate Builder Class: MOD Harley
Trapper OKeeffe brought his 2010 FLTRX bagger built by Urban Custom Bikes and won the MOD Harley class. The bike features a flat white paint scheme over glass red. Jones Paint provided the paint and Forever Powder Coating took care of the flat-black engine. The bike fatures raked triple trees, front Progressive monotube and legend air ride.
1. Trapper OKeeffe, Urban Custom Bikes – ’10 FLTRX
2. Carl Harris, K&D Cycles – Big Blue, ’07 H-D Road GLide
3. Eric Maurer – Bella Esposa, ’92 H-D
The Ultimate Builder Class: Retro MOD
The 1947 Knucklehead built by Mike Beohike became a fan favorite as it took the point in the Retro MOD Competition. Paint by Jim Gilmore and Phalla Prak. The bobber features internal throttle, custom fender and oil lines.
1. Terry Beohike, Mike Beohike – 1947 Knucklehead
2. Joe Chambers – The Cock, 1980 Honda Hawk
3. Richard Stevenson, Godet – Egil Vincent, ’68 Vincent
The Ultimate Builder Class: Performance Custom
Dana Meeks rolled in a Chris Wilson and DJ Johnson built Top Fuel Harley dragster. The engine is an Overkill 151 ci that features injected nitro methane, MSD 4-coil ignition and delivers 800HP. On Sunday he came away with 1st place in Performance Custom class and a check for $1,000. Currently the bike runs 203+ mph with an ET of 6.69 sec
1. Dana Meeks, DJ Johnson – Top Fuel Harley, ’08 American Cycle
2. Rick Washington, Urban Custom Bikes – Mr. Anniversary, ’08 FLHX
The Ultimate Builder Class: MOD Street
Jon Aesoph won the MOD Street class with his CupcakeMoto built 2011 BMW S1000RR.
1. Jon Aesoph – CupcakeMoto, ’11 BMW S1000RR
2. Greg Herzberg – Iron Cross, 2010 Victory