When John Parham collected things to loan to the non-profit National Motorcycle Museum, his main focus was motorcycles, then memorabilia. But when a really big artifact of transportation history came along, an entire roadside service station, he couldn’t resist.
When acquired it was in pieces and pretty rough. Broken panes in the huge window units, a bent sheet metal cornice, but John saw potential. Using a grant from the State Historical Society of Iowa, the Museum painstakingly restored the 1920’s steel, modular gasoline station to its original glory and erected it in inside the Museum.
A local auto body shop made the sheet metal cornice runs for the four sides. The complex corners were just in need of straightening. Then everything got a coat of paint, red and…
Women’s Moto Show 8 – Returning to LA on June 17th
MotoDoffo Wines Named the Official Wine of The Sturgis Buffalo Chip
Win a Paul Yaffe restored Harley-Davidson FXLR!