On her way toward Oklahoma to visit friends and leave her beloved Scout for the winter, Leah Misch stopped in to see the new Evel Knievel Museum in Topeka Kansas. Housed in a new facility adjacent to historic Harley-Davidson, the museum opened this past June and garnered visitors from all 50 states and a dozen foreign countries in just three months.
Visitors see Evel’s motorcycles, leathers and helmets along with dozens of personal effects including his casts and gold checkbook. Plus:
- Fully-restored Mack Truck Rig “Big Red” – cab, dressing room and trailer
- Snake River Experience Room featuring the actual X-2 Sky Cycle
- “Plan A Jump” interactive wall
- Broken Bones interactive touch screens including Evel’s actual X-rays
- Virtual Reality Jump Experience
- “Big Red” Gallery with restoration film, crew recollections
- 1970’s-era movie theatre with marquee, seating and décor
- Film and crash videos of many famous jumps
- The kid’s room, the garage, the family room
- Children’s letters to Evel from decades ago
- Many never-before-seen personal items and images
It’s the one and only exhibition showcasing the world’s largest collection of authentic artifacts that belonged to the most legendary, death-defying daredevil of all time! The Museum’s extensive and complete displays reflect the impact of a man who did the unthinkable and, some said, the impossible. They were tumultuous times in the late 1960’s and early 1970’s. America needed a hero – and Evel Knievel gave us one!
Enjoy Leah’s pictures and visit the Museum yourself.
CHECK OUT OUR FRIENDS AT BIKERNET
NEW! Gnarly Winged Wheel T-shirt
CHECK OUT THE “WHEELS THROUGH TIME” CLASS WINNER